Sunday, May 20, 2012

Legacy Pitch CounterBurn

This week, I've been working on making a Legacy style CounterBurn Pitch deck. I decided early on that 100% pitch for counterBurn would be terrible so I've added a few more cards again that aren't exactly Pitch, however the additions that I have made are small (as in very mana cheap) and strong, some of the "best" cards for the concept. Here is my concept.

Blue (counter / draw)

4x Force of Will
4x Foil
4x Mental Misstep
4x Commandeer
4x Gush



Red (burn / draw)

4x Pyrokinesis
4x Cave In
4x Blazing Shoal
4x Fury of the Hoard
4x Leyline of Lightning
4x Chancellor of the Forge


Lands!

4x Steam Vents
4x Volcanic Island
2x Island
2x Mountain

This of course uses the same Blazing shoal / Chancellor of the Forge explosion as the last deck, also notice the absence of cards like progenitus, Conflux and the Reaper King. With the thinning of this deck to two colors you don't need the addition of the Gold cards to add flexibility to your deck. Its pretty straight forward to play as well. Mulligan until you have leyline of Lighting, then rain counterspell burn damage on your opponent until they fall. All in all, this deck I think could use some further sharpening, as per I have not maindecked enchantment / artifact removal. However, 12 counterspells should pack enough protection long enough for you to ping them to death. Comments? Reviews? I would like your opinion.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment / add your opinion / ask questions.